Do you have a particular interest in societal challenges? Do you feel inspired to translate these into a creative art form? Are you prepared to depart from your familiar terrain to set up a project, together with a group of vulnerable people, such as the poor, elderly, people with a disability, children, or young people in disadvantaged situations?
Take part in the Arts in Society Award!
The Arts in Society Award is an initiative of Cera, KASK & Conservatorium/ School of Arts Gent, Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, St Lucas School of Arts Antwerp, PXL-MAD School of Arts and LUCA School of Arts Antwerp. With the Arts in Society Award we want to enable young artists, who are active in various disciplines, and social organizations to develop a creative project together; a project that offers an answer to or encourages reflection about a societal challenge.
Who is it for?
- This call for projects is addressed to alumni, researchers, and bachelor and master students of the specific teacher training courses at KASK & Conservatorium / School of Arts Gent, Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, St Lucas School of Arts Antwerp, PXL-MAD School of Arts and LUCA School of Arts Antwerp. You can participate on several occasions, once as a bachelor student, once as a master student and once as a researcher or alumni.
- Individuals and groups: we encourage students to work together in groups, but you may also submit a project proposal as an individual student.
- After the realization of your project, together with the nonprofit organization, you can apply for a budget to cover the costs incurred. For projects submitted by an individual student an operational budget of up to € 1,000 is available, and for projects submitted by group of at least 2 students an operational budget of up to € 2,500 is available. The budget is intended for the organization as well as the students, but will be paid to the organization.
- Your project may fit in with a course module that you are following, so be sure to ask your tutors!
- You will have the opportunity to work together with other artists and a nonprofit organization.
- You will be immersed in a participative process and you will certainly gain some unique experience!
- A project with a vulnerable target group will be a valuable addition to your CV.
How to apply?
- Download the project proposal form from www.cera.be.
- Discuss your idea with your tutor and appoint a coach/promoter who will coach you during the project.
- Contact a nonprofit organization in Flanders or Brussels and gather enthusiasm for your project idea. You can find organizations near you via www.desocialekaart.be or www.netwerktegenarmoede.be (under ‘our societies’). You can also look for nonprofit organizations by postcode or town via www.cera.be/nl/MaatschappelijkeProjecten
- Use the project proposal form to explain your project idea together with your fellow students, your promoter, and the organization. Interaction with the organization and participation of the target group is a must. The project preparation should therefore take place in close consultation with the parties involved.
- Submit the project proposal form no later than 8 November 2017.
- We will inform you by the end of November 2017 if your project is selected. After a positive decision you can start to work on the selected projects.
- Send the project proposal form no later than 8 November 2017 to Cera, for the attention of Mariette Van Eyken (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Questions? Stéphanie De Smet - 016 27 96 27 – email@example.com