The Plus-Minus Ensemble’s name comes from Karlheinz Stockhausen’s experimental work from 1963, revealing their interest in performance, electro-acoustics and conceptual art. They return here to their musical roots: instrumental music with electronics. Each of four works delves into the process of composition and how sound material is contextualized, reworked, layered and transcribed. An evening of refined, contemplative music, up to date without specific reference to new media or technology.
- Newton Armstrong – Thread-Surface
- Cassandra Miller (1976) – Traveller Song
- Davíð Brynjar Franzson (1978) – Ideation #2.1
- Laurence Crane (1961) – Octet
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 GENT, € 20 / € 15 (red.) / €5 (-26) / € 0