- 100% of a fulltime function
- Royal Academy of Fine Arts & Royal Conservatory
In order to be eligible for this position, candidates should meet these key requirements at the start of the appointment:
- meet the general requirements outlined in article V.106, V.107 and V.148 of the Flemish ‘Higher Education Codex’ of 20 December 2013, concerning eligibility for mandates;
- hold a doctoral degree in the arts
Duties and responsibilities
The fulltime appointment consists of at least 50% of research activities and up to 50% of teaching and related activities under the department relevant to your expertise.
- You conduct a post-doctoral research project in the arts with attention to valorisation and dissemination of research results.
- You communicate about your artistic practice and research, both in written form and in other relevant media and forms.
- You coach doctoral and other researchers in the arts.
- You contribute to the further building, consolidating and supporting of the research environment at KASK & Conservatorium.
- You use your expertise for the raising of additional research funding.
- In consultation with your department, you carry out teaching activities and coach and evaluate students in the bachelor and master programmes within relevant disciplines at KASK & Conservatorium
- You contribute to a safe environment for students to work in that conforms to needs, norms and regulations, with attention to aspects of wellbeing and safety.
- After a term of three years research progress is evaluated, and upon positive evaluation a second term of three years is initiated. This second term is concluded with a final report.
- You are developing an outstanding artistic practice that meets international standards.
- You have experience in artistic research within and based in your own oeuvre.
- You have the skills required to successfully complete a long-term research project.
- You are able to communicate about your own artistic work and to verbally express its contexts.
- You are acquainted with traditions and practices of artist’s writings.
- You have pedagogical and didactic skills, and documented competencies relevant for higher education.
- You have a flexible attitude in light of changing professional circumstances.
- In light of your teaching activities and the school’s internationalisation policies, you communicate fluently in English and you are willing to gain the required certificate of proficiency (B1 English) within the first year of your appointment.
- You communicate fluently in Dutch or you are willing to gain the required certificate of proficiency (B2 Dutch) within five years of the start of your appointment. An integration track will be provided.
- You show an involvement with HOGENT and with the project of KASK & Conservatorium specifically.
Remuneration according to wage scale 510. See the website of the Flemish department of Education for more information concerning this wage scale with respect to seniority: https://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/salaris/schalen/barema.aspx?nr=508
In addition to public sector seniority, private sector seniority can also be taken into account. Seniority will be granted on the basis of certified employment attestations and after examination of the case.
Reimbursement of public transportation commuting or cycle allowance, an attractive sports offer, and staff ID with additional benefits.
The initial appointment commences no sooner than September 2021 and is for a period of three years, with the possibility of a three-year extension upon positive evaluation.
Applying for this position is possible up until, and including 29 MARCH 2021, and only through https://www.hogent.be/vacatures.
Please address your application to Koen Goethals, acting dean of KASK & Conservatorium and include the following:
In order to be complete and eligible, your application must include:
- Curriculum vitae [name_1_cv.pdf]
- Cover letter [naam_2_letter.pdf]
- Scans of required qualifications: at least a doctoral degree in the arts. [name_3_degree.pdf]
Project proposal [name_4_project.pdf]: This is a proposal for a six-year post-doctoral artistic research project. Use only the template available here:
- Artistic portfolio (or a text file with a link to your portfolio in order to limit file size) [name_5_portfolio.pdf]
The first three documents (1. curriculum, 2. letter and 3. degree) must be uploaded through http://www.hogent.be/vacatures. Make sure they are named as indicated above. Respect the limitations on file sizes, file types, extensions and special characters mentioned on the submission page. You will receive an automated confirmation of your application listing the uploaded documents. If anything is missing from that list, contact email@example.com.
Submit the other two documents, your project proposal (4) and portfolio (5)S, before the same deadline, by e-mail or file transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, with vacancy reference number ‘ONDZF E 030’ in the subject line.
Procedure and notification
The procedure starts with checking submissions for completeness and meeting key requirements. The committee will then make a selection of candidates to interview based on submissions. These interviews are provisionally planned for the second half of May 2021. Candidates who are not selected for an interview will be notified only on completion of the entire procedure.
With any remaining questions you may contact Katrien Vuylsteke Vanfleteren (email@example.com) at the KASK & Conservatorium Research Office.
University College Ghent wishes to reflect the society it works for in the best possible way. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their professional qualities and skills, regardless of gender, ethnicity or handicap.